Studying petroleum engineering for girls is one of the most questions that girls wonder about to know if it suits them and have a future in his studies, as petroleum engineering is one of the most important engineering disciplines in the Faculty of Engineering, which is interested in studying oil and its derivatives and methods of extracting and dismantling materials and using them in human life.
Engineering disciplines in their various branches and fields are one of the pillars of basic sciences that students aspire to study, One of its latest branches is petroleum engineering, which is concerned with the process of searching and exploring for petroleum, exploring its reservoirs, working on extracting, investing, producing and using it in many areas of life.
Together the engineering development in the specialty of petroleum engineering, and the large number of areas of work in this specialization, many girls recently graduated from the general secondary year are looking for this specialization to see if the future of studying petroleum engineering for girls is suitable for them.
In this article, I will explain to you the future of studying petroleum engineering for girls, what are the admission requirements for the Faculty of Engineering to accept the student, what are the areas of petroleum engineering work for girls, and all the information related to studying Bkrelius Petroleum Engineering.
List of Topics
1 What is Petroleum Engineering major?
Petroleum Engineering: It is the science that is concerned with the study of all methods and methods used in the exploration and search for oil, Understand the methods of extraction, separation and use of raw materials.
Where it studies all matters related to oil in addition to the method of obtaining and extracting it from the ground, This specialization is considered essential and important in providing the energy that the world needs, due to the association of this engineering with the most expensive energy source, which is black gold.
Petroleum engineering is one of the most important branches of engineering that is concerned with converting gas and crude oil into usable oil derivatives, and it is also interested in the methods used to extract oil from the underground and explore for it.
This specialization has received a great demand because of its importance and great and necessary benefits in all aspects of life, especially in industry, because it is considered one of the most important elements of industrial production.
2 What is the importance of petroleum engineering?
Petroleum engineering is one of the most important branches of engineering that focuses on developing and converting natural gas and crude oil into oil derivatives, The forecasting of oil reserves, And extracting from the tasks of the petroleum engineer and studying the oil fields and analyzing the performance of future production of them, and this is what makes this specialization one of the most important disciplines.
Therefore, we find great importance in teaching and training engineers who are able to explore and extract oil fields and study engineering concepts related to petroleum engineering, such as the study of earth sciences, which are closely related to the engineer’s knowledge of geology (earth sciences), In order to help him understand the conditions and nature of geology suitable for the conservation of petroleum and its deposits in the ground.
Therefore, you find that studying petroleum engineering for girls has a bright and wonderful future in countries that own oil fields and hold a large percentage of oil.
3 Is petroleum engineering major difficult for girls?
If you want to study this engineering major and aspire to be a niqab and an oil engineer, this specialization will be easy and wonderful for you, but if you want to study this specialization because the fields of work in it are strong and its salaries are high and you do not have a hobby to study, you will have difficulty studying it.
Therefore, you must choose the appropriate specialization for you, which you aspire to study and instruct, as all engineering disciplines are not easy and require previous information and backgrounds about scientific subjects such as mathematics, physics and all the scientific subjects that you studied in the general duality.
If you have a strong background in scientific subjects and want to study an oil major, this major will be easy and wonderful for you, even if the curriculum is difficult because you are studying from a desire to be a successful engineer in this specialty.
Thus, I hope that I was able to answer your question and help you find out if the petroleum engineering major is difficult for girls.
What is the future of petroleum engineering for girls?
There are many girls who want to study this specialty, but there is still a question that they have and are looking for an answer to, which is whether studying petroleum engineering for girls has a future?
Yes, of course, the future of petroleum engineering for girls is wonderful, especially if you want to study this specialization, when you study this specialization, you will be able to work in many fields, because the fields of work in this specialization are many and have relatively large salaries better than other engineering disciplines.
You can learn about the most important areas of work in petroleum engineering for girls from the paragraph Fields of work of petroleum engineering for girls.
4 What are the conditions and requirements for studying petroleum engineering for student admission?
If you want to know the conditions required by universities or colleges specialized in studying petroleum engineering or petroleum engineering to accept the student to study this specialization, I will explain to you the most important conditions of coordination and admission required by universities, namely.
1- The general duality rate should be greater than 95%, and the acceptance rate varies according to the university.
2- The student should be able to pass the admission test in the College of Oil and Natural Gas.
3- The student’s level in the English language must be advanced and have a TOEFL certificate.
These are the most important conditions required by most universities specialized in studying oil and natural gas engineering, and I hope that I was able to clarify the points in a wonderful and understandable way.
What are the requirements to study petroleum engineering for girls?
But if you want to know the requirements and qualities that must be available to you to know if this specialization is suitable for you, I will explain to you what are the qualities and skills of successful oil engineers, We mention the following:
- Ability to withstand working pressure.
- Be conversant with physics and chemistry.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs.
- Work with computer programs.
- Possess leadership qualities.
- Ability to successfully manage.
- The ability to give the right solution when any problem occurs.
- Ability to work in groups and collaborate with them.
- Meet business challenges.
- Be able to motivate employees positively.
5 What are the departments of petroleum engineering?
There are several subsections of petroleum engineering which are the following.
Petroleum Engineering Departments
6 What are the appropriate majors to study petroleum engineering for girls?
Within the petroleum engineering major, there are many disciplines, but there are 4 wonderful majors suitable for girls, and a student can choose one of these majors, and the most important of these majors are the following:
Petroleum Engineering Majors
- Reservoir Engineering: The profession of an engineer in this field is to know and estimate the amount of oil and gas in petroleum tanks, And the discovery and development of modern methods of extraction.
- Drilling Engineering: The engineer’s profession here is to determine the methods of drilling oil wells, And make sure that it is environmentally friendly or not, And determine the material cost of drilling.
- Production Engineering: The field of production is closely related to the field of drilling, His job is to monitor how oil and gas are produced.
- Engineering Achievement: This type of engineering is one of the important fields in petroleum engineering, The engineer worked in this specialty, finishing the construction of wells, And monitor how the gas flows.
7 What is the study plan for petroleum engineering?
There is a difference between the study plan and the specialization subjects between universities, Because there is a special system for each university separately, However, there are many common and non-modifiable courses taught in all academic years and we will generally learn about the specialization materials for each year of study.
- First Year:
The student studies 12 subjects, including English, mathematics, and physics, Computer and Engineering Technology.
- Second Year:
It has 12 subjects ranging from chemistry, and the basics of geophysics, calculus, and principles of geology.
- Third Year:
It offers 12 subjects, including computer programming, transport phenomena, Academic and professional communication, Properties of rocks and fluids.
- Fourth Year:
It includes 11 subjects in which there are many specialization subjects such as petroleum geology, Structural Geology, reservoir engineering, Drilling engineering.
- Fifth Year:
The graduation year and the most difficult year for engineering students and includes 12 subjects, including petroleum economics, tank simulation, Petroleum Production Engineering.
8 What are the subjects of petroleum engineering?
The student is taught in petroleum engineering all engineering and geological concepts related to the earth, chemical and physical materials for oil exploration and extraction, and the most important materials in the petroleum engineering major are the following:
- Oil catalytic production method.
- Advanced drilling fluid engineering.
- Development of mathematical models of reservoirs.
- Rock mechanics.
- Petroleum exploration.
- Advanced Petroleum Production Engineering.
- Advanced drilling fluid engineering.
- Advanced well activation technology.
- Advanced natural gas technology.
- Advanced Petroleum Economics.
- Petroleum exploration.
- Petroleum installations.
- Petroleum Economics Sciences.
- Geology and surveying.
- Drilling and extraction methods.
- Crude Petroleum Science.
9 What are the Petroleum Engineering Fields of Work for girls?
Studying petroleum engineering offers a lot of opportunities in the field of work, Among the most important future jobs that female petroleum engineering graduates can work in:
- Occupational Safety Engineer.
- Energy economist.
- Detecting new oil wells and working on their development.
- Work in extracting oil from offshore platforms.
- Supervision of new oil tanks.
- Work in the Ministry of Petroleum.
- Monitoring underground gas and oil extraction.
- Monitor drilling operations.
- Supervising the work of tests for oil and gas wells.
- Receiving managerial positions in petroleum affiliated organizations.
10 How much do female petroleum engineers make?
Petroleum engineering is one of the engineering disciplines that have a great demand from students in general and female students in particular because it has a wonderful future in terms of providing many job opportunities and high salaries, It is also a highly sought-after specialty especially in large companies because there are many departments under female management.
To help you know the salaries of an oil engineer or a petroleum engineer, I will provide you with a site specialized in knowing the monthly salaries of engineering majors and how much they receive annually, which is the indeed site.
And to clarify a general idea about the salaries that petroleum engineering specialists receive, I will mention to you some of the salaries that a petroleum engineer receives in Arab countries such as Egypt. A petroleum engineering specialist in Egypt receives an annual salary of about 205 thousand pounds, In Qatar, the salary of an engineer may reach about 7283 Qatari riyals per month.
11 What is the difference between petroleum engineering and geology engineering?
Every profession and engineering has something that distinguishes it from others, The most important characteristic of the petroleum engineer is that the nature of his work is field and far from routine and offices, His work on large projects and on the ground oversees the drilling of wells and the extraction of crude oil and natural gas, both from offshore and onshore areas.
As for the geological engineer, he studies the land located in the oil fields and identifies the nature of geology to conserve petroleum and its sediments, And to know the difference between them in detail for two specializations.
Petroleum Engineering Major
- It is concerned with how to extract, transport and liberate oil from the ground.
- Petroleum engineering is one of the engineering branches that takes care of all the methods and methods used in exploration and search for oil.
- Petroleum engineering is concerned with the study of all matters related to oil and its extraction from the ground.
Geology Engineering Major:
- By studying the oil fields in terms of their location and presence.
- Petrophysical properties of colored rock of petroleum.
12 What are the pros and cons of working as a petroleum engineer?
To study petroleum engineering, there are many advantages and disadvantages that accrue to the petroleum engineer, the most important of which are the following:
Pros of Petroleum Engineer
- It provides girls with wide opportunities to travel around the world, due to the multiplicity of places where oil is found in many countries.
- It is one of the highest paying jobs.
- Fieldwork is far from boring office work.
Cons of the Petroleum Engineer:
- A petroleum engineer must possess many skills because it is not easy for a girl to become a petroleum engineer.
- Petroleum engineering for girls requires long working hours and great effort.
- Places of availability of oil are far from places of services.
13 What are the best universities to study petroleum engineering?
- National University of Singapore (NUS) in Singapore.
- University of Texas in America.
- Technical University of Denmark in Denmark.
- University of Adelaide in Australia.
- King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals in Saudi Arabia.
- Sharif Technological University in Iran.
- Khalifa University of Science and Technology in the United Arab Emirates.
14 Leading Petroleum Engineering Companies
- Kuwait Petroleum Corporation.
- Iraqi National Oil Company.
- Abu Dhabi National Petroleum Company.
- Saudi Arabian Oil Company.
- National Iranian Oil Company.
Thus, we have learned about the current and future prospects of young women interested in studying petroleum engineering and understanding the challenges and opportunities available to women wishing to study petroleum engineering as this field receives a more comprehensive and diverse development.
We have also learned about the importance of petroleum engineering, which is one of the most important and difficult engineering disciplines, and despite that, studying this specialization is fun and wonderful, as it brings many benefits and benefits to humanity, as it is the only and most important way to obtain fuel, which is the basic material that you use in our daily lives continuously.
At last We have discussed the most important disciplines suitable for studying petroleum engineering for girls, which is a profitable and rewarding career option for young women. What are the requirements and qualities of a successful engineer, the opportunities available and the changes that are being made to make the field easier for women.