Hello guys, I am Khaled Al-Amir, a textile technology specialist. In this article, I will explain to you what is the specialty of textile engineering, what are the academic departments, educational programs, and study plan for the Faculty of Spinning and Weaving. Does the textile engineering major have a future, and all you need to know.
Textile Engineering is one of the most important engineering disciplines in the College of Engineering that is concerned with the study of industry, production and management of spinning and weaving. Where we find that it is keen to provide many opportunities for the advancement of the textile industry and increase production rates, Graduates can also work in many fields in the future after obtaining a bachelor’s degree in Textile Engineering.
List of Topics
1 What is the specialty of textile engineering ?
Many students are currently enrolled to study Textile Engineering, To help you know more clearly what is the specialization of spinning and weaving, follow:
- Textile engineering is one of the engineering disciplines that is concerned with studying the scientific and practical principles in the industry and what are the machines and technologies that are concerned with the textile industry.
- Where we find that by studying these principles it will be possible to improve the quality of the production of spinning and weaving products, including clothing, furnishings, medical materials and many industries that you will learn how to produce and manufacture in textile engineering.
- Also, studying textile engineering majors helps students to learn more about textile materials such as fibers and fabrics. And also learn how to develop production technologies to enhance the quality of textile products.
2 Textile engineering departments
The textile engineering specialization is divided into several sections, as follows:
- First , the textile section: The Department of Textiles and Textiles is the department that is concerned with studying the formation of textiles, design methods, and the use of machines for manufacturing and production in detail. Where we find that this may increase the ability of students to develop the production and management of textile factories well.
- Second knitting section: In it, the student studies how to make knitting, how to use specialized machines in the knitting industry, and understand how to calculate production in knitting. There is a special curriculum that will teach you how to manage factories and knitting units.
- Third , the Textile Processing Section: It teaches the method of processing textiles and how to produce them.
- Fourth , the ready-made textile industry section: It teaches modern and future methods of spinning and weaving industry.
3 Is textile engineering major difficult?
In fact, specializing in textile engineering is not difficult, but there are many students who face difficulty in studying spinning and weaving, because they do not like the field of industry and do not have the passion to learn about new methods in industry and production.
If you have a love of knowledge in how to manufacture and produce, and you like to be skilled in creating new developments in industry and production, and to know the methods that enable you to manufacture anything you want, then this specialization will suit you a lot.
Among the scientific subjects required in studying the specialization of spinning and weaving are mathematics and the English language. If you are fluent in these subjects, then studying spinning and weaving engineering will be very easy for you.
Does the specialty of textile engineering have a future?
yes, Where the specialization is considered one of the best specializations that benefit society and the state. This is shown through the role of textile engineers in developing textile products and materials, technical services, design, quality control, production, company management, and increasing production capacity to dispense the country with imports and the ability to export abroad.
Textile engineers can also manufacture textiles for medical arteries, textiles used in dialysis machines, and develop medical equipment.
4 The importance of textile engineering
The specialization of spinning and weaving is one of the most important engineering disciplines that benefit society in a very great way, not only the student, Where we find that he is keen to teach students all the scientific information that makes them able to achieve the following goals:
- Increasing production and manufacturing capacity nationwide.
- Creating new opportunities in manufacturing and creating solutions to the problems that the country suffers from in some products
- Students can apply the fundamentals of engineering, science and mathematics to practical life. This, in turn, may contribute to solving engineering problems that may arise in the textile industry.
- Graduates can identify and analyze the complex problems that society faces in the manufacturing crisis and work to solve them professionally by formulating the problem and obtaining conclusions for the manufacture of products, Using the natural and engineering sciences.
- In addition, after completing the master’s degree in Textile Engineering, graduates can understand the entire textile production process and the method of dealing with machines for manufacturing cotton, silk and polymer products.
- And many important things that make the specialty of spinning and weaving one of the most important academic disciplines.
5 Requirements for studying textile engineering
The requirements for studying a Bachelor’s degree in Spinning and Weaving vary from one university to another, but I will explain to you the academic requirements according to NTU University in Pakistan, and this is shown through the following:
- According to NTU University in Pakistan, applying for a bachelor’s degree in this specialty requires that the percentage of the student’s scientific subjects in mathematics, chemistry and physics be not less than 60%.
- To pass and pass the admission test at NTS University.
- Also, a DAE diploma must be obtained and a pass rate of at least 60% is required.
- As for applicants from other countries, submit an equivalent certificate from the IBCC and obtain approval to study the specialization.
6 What are the most important textile engineering programs?
The educational programs that will be studied in the specialization of spinning and weaving are many, but I will introduce you to the most important programs, and they are as follows.
- Textile chemistry technology software.
- Textile Technology Engineering Programs.
- Programs to increase production lines.
- Textile industry software.
- Manufacturing and installation engineering programs.
- Industrial and production machinery programs.
7 What is the salary of a textile engineer?
The salary of a textile engineer varies from one company to another. It depends on the number of years of experience, additional skills and academic degrees.
According to the Salary website, we find that the average salary may range from $75,827 to $91,586 in the United States of America.
8 The difference between textile engineering and textile technology
Some students may find the two majors very similar, but there are clear differences and a significant difference between textile engineering and textile technology. This is evident through the following:
- According to the University of North Carolina , it requires students in textile engineering to study calculus, While it does not require studying it in the field of Textile Technology Engineering.
- It also depends on the specialization of textile engineering on the use of production systems and product design, While the textile technology specialization depends on the use of technological techniques in industry and production.
- In addition, textile engineering students took additional engineering courses to learn how to manufacture using modern methods. As for textile technology students, they are not obligated to do so because they are studying the techniques that help them in manufacturing.
9 Areas of specialization in textile engineering
There are many fields of specialization in textile engineering, which can be found through the following:
- Knitting and knitting.
- Technical textiles.
- Spinning technology.
- coloring technology.
- Weaving and weaving.
- Textile materials and performance evaluation.
- Fiber Science Technology.
- Textile chemistry technology.
- Computer applications in textiles.
10 The pros and cons of textile engineering
Specialization in spinning and weaving includes some drawbacks. It also has some advantages as follows:
- Exposure to bad environmental conditions.
- Confronting toxic chemicals.
- Constant noise while working.
- air pollution.
- waste from industry.
- Breathing problems due to exposure to cotton dust.
- Maximum labor saving.
- Increasing domestic production and industry in developing countries.
- Contributing 4.1% to the GDP in India.
- Reducing imports and increasing exports.
11 What are the jobs for textile engineering graduates?
Graduates of the textile specialization can work in the following jobs:
- Quality Assurance Supervisor.
- Process improvement engineer.
- textile engineer.
- Medical textile engineer.
- production engineer.
12 What is the study plan for textile engineering major?
A study plan must be drawn up to study a good Bachelor of Textile Engineering. Where they can be found as follows:
- Many professors recommend searching for local and international textiles and clothing on various search sites to get a little idea of the curriculum before the start of the school year.
- It is also preferable for the student to develop his skills in the English language, use the computer, learn how to surf the Internet, and learn how to use Photoshop programs to design graphics and products.
- Attention must be paid to attending laboratories and practical classes to apply the curriculum in a practical way.
- In addition to that, a period of training is taken in a company specialized in the textile industry. It is necessary to follow the instructions of the academic supervisor to understand the production mechanism and the workflow mechanism.
How many years of Bachelor of Textile Engineering?
The duration of the bachelor’s degree in spinning and weaving is 4 years. Where the semesters in the college are divided into 8 semesters, and the teaching system for all classes differs from one college to another.
What are the subjects of textile engineering major?
The student in the Bachelor of Spinning and Weaving is taught 5 or 6 subjects in each semester, and the most important subjects in the specialization of spinning and weaving are the following:
- Spinning formation.
- fabric formation.
- Textile chemical treatment.
- Fabric testing and tools.
- Textile IT.
- fabric design.
- computer applications.
- Technical drawing.
- general chemistry.
- Introduction to Textile Engineering.
- Fiber Science.
- probability and statistics.
- knitting technology.
- Fabric preparation.
- Engineering ethics.
13 Which are the best universities to study textile engineering?
The best universities for studying a bachelor’s degree in spinning and weaving can be identified through the following:
14 Conditions for studying textile engineering
Conditions for applying for a bachelor’s degree in textile engineering
There are some conditions necessary for admission to the program as follows:
- Having a secondary school certificate or any equivalent certificate.
- Student success in science and mathematics coursework.
- Speak English proficiently.
Conditions for applying for a master’s degree in textile engineering
The conditions for applying for a master’s degree can be known through the following:
- The student obtains a bachelor’s degree in textile engineering.
- The student enters the TOEFL exam and succeeds in it with a high final score, which varies according to the university.
- Submit the required papers and documents from the university.
Conditions for applying for a doctoral study in textile engineering
It is possible to apply for a PhD degree by following the following conditions:
- The graduate must have both a bachelor’s and master’s degrees in textile engineering.
- This is in addition to having a GPA above 3.0.
- Successfully passing the required tests.
- Having at least 3 letters of recommendation.
Conditions for obtaining a professor’s degree (Professor Doctor) in textile engineering
To obtain a professor’s degree in textile engineering, the following conditions must be met:
- The graduate must have previously obtained a Ph.D.
- This is in addition to having many years of experience in the field of teaching at the university.
15 The leading companies in textile engineering
The leading companies in the field of spinning and weaving can be found in the following:
- TJX Companies in America.
- Toray companies in Japan.
- Prada company in Italy.
- PVH Corporation of America.
- Zalando company in Germany.
- Under Armor in America.
- Lululemon Athletica of Canada.
- Ralph Lauren company in America.
- Shenzhou company in China.
In the end
We have become acquainted with the specialization of textile engineering, as it is one of the most important engineering disciplines in the College of Engineering through which the textile industry and its production can be studied. There are also many departments within the specialty, This is in addition to the existence of requirements for joining it and having specialization in different fields and a study plan. There are also many leading companies in this field from around the world.