Electronics Engineering is one of the most important engineering disciplines in the College of Engineering , whose studies are included in many engineering disciplines, such as mechatronics engineering, robotics engineering, electrical engineering, and many disciplines that are an integral part of engineering disciplines.
The study of electronics engineering is concerned with the design and operation of machines and electronics in all fields and includes within it many engineering and technical fields that each require specialized education and training. In this article, I will explain to you all the educational information for studying the specialty of electronics engineering.
Also, I will explain to you electronics engineering in all the points that the student is looking for to see if this major is suitable for understanding the future that awaits him if he decides to study it.
Now let us begin to know what the specialization is and what are its areas and divisions and all the information related to the study of the Bachelor of Electronics Engineering.
List of Topics
What is the specialty of electronics engineering ?
- Electronics engineering is a modern engineering discipline that focuses on developing products and systems using electronic technology. It emerged as a system in the late nineteenth century as electronic transmission methods, Including radio and television.
- The use of electronic technologies in World War II—such as sonar, radar, and advanced weaponry—helped further develop the field of electronics engineering.
- today , Electronics engineering is the main driving force for the growth of information technology, And many of the devices we use every day are the work of electronics engineers, Such as smart phones, personal computers and Wi-Fi networks.
- A variety of industries are launching electronics engineering principles to modernize their sectors. including communications, radio, television, science, services, government and army, and health care.
- Electronics engineering can be summarized as a science that uses electrical components such as transistors, semiconductors, and others to design electronic devices, circuits, and electronic systems. It can be said that it is a sub-field of electrical engineering.
What is the difference between electronics engineering and electrical engineering ?
Simply, Electronic engineering revolves around everything related to electronic circuits, their components, applications, and linking systems to regulatory programs. While electrical engineering is related to the basics of electricity, electrical circuits and electrical devices such as generator and motor.
Electronics engineering departments
The electronics engineering major is divided into several sections as follows:
- Communications Engineering.
- Embedded systems design.
- Control engineering.
- hardware engineering.
- Radio Frequency Engineering.
- Electromagnetic engineering.
- VLSI Design Engineering.
- Analog Electronics Engineering.
Is majoring in electronics engineering difficult?
In order to know the correct answer that is suitable for you, you must understand that there is no difficult specialization, but if you choose to study a specialization, you do not tend to it and do not want to study it, here lies the difficulty, so choose the specialization that you want to study and learn and you have a hobby in it.
If you love the field of electronics and understanding the mechanism that is concerned with the manufacture and operation of machines and electronics and programming of machines and electronics, then this specialization will be wonderful for you.
But if you are looking for the answer in knowing if it is difficult from an educational point of view, then this major is like any engineering major related to scientific subjects such as mathematics, engineering, electronic physics, It may be difficult for some if they do not like these materials.
Does electronics engineering have a future?
In order to know the truth, there is no specialization that does not have a future, but the future lies in any specialization in the environment in which you live or in the country in which you live. Some countries don’t really care about having electronics professionals or don’t have projects or companies to provide jobs for electronics professionals.
But in terms of the future of studying electronics engineering, he certainly and without controversy has a future, but the future of the electronics specialist lies in what abilities and skills he learned and the ability to present them to the employing companies in order to accept him.
Electronics Engineering specializes in many disciplines such as mobile communications, e-commerce, computers, the internet, which are widely used today, It is among the main majors in electrical and electronic engineering, so you can work for any of the companies that are interested in these fields.
It is also known that electrical and electronic engineering have jobs in many different areas of life, And it will have a more important role in the future with the development of technology.
The importance of electronics engineering
The importance of the electronics engineering major lies in the wide spread of electronics used in society. This means that there is a great need for electronics engineers in many fields, and the field of electronics encompasses all engineering fields. Which means that the interests and capabilities of an electronics engineering specialist are unlimited.
In fact, There are many industrial sectors in which electronic engineering is used that need electronic engineers, It is involved in many areas such as the following:
- Design and development of general electronics.
- Communication – pls.
- The Internet of things.
- medical electronics.
- Defense electronic engineering.
- Manufacturing engineering.
- Electronic engineering for consumer products.
- And many areas that are not counted and not counted.
What are the requirements for studying electronics engineering ?
In order to be able to study the specialty of electronics engineering, you must have many things. Also, the GPA must be relatively large. Engineering majors, as we can see from the majors that do not accept the presence of students whose scientific level is weak.
Among the most important requirements that you must possess in order to be able to study electronics engineering are the following.
- The general secondary rate is relatively large, and the rate accepted by universities differs from one country to another and from one university to another.
- To be able to pass the admission test, which is centered in scientific subjects such as mathematics – physics – chemistry – engineering – calculus – integration – statistics.
- Your level of English should be from good to excellent, and you should be able to read and write in English.
These are the important points required by universities to accept you as a student to join the College of Engineering and study electronics engineering.
But if you are looking for an answer to the requirements that a person must possess in order to be successful in electronics engineering, they are as follows
Personal qualities that an electronics engineering specialist should possess
It is important for the electronics engineering specialist to have many personal qualities that help him succeed in his career.
He must have project management skills, creative skills, and communication skills to deliver ideas and become a successful electronics engineer. I will mention to you the most important characteristics of the best distinguished engineers in this field, as follows:
- innovative thinking.
- Effective education.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Technical knowledge.
- Download and analyze the data.
- Communication skills with others.
- Operational skills.
What is the salary of an electronics engineer?
The average annual salary of an electronic engineer in America ranges from 58-126 thousand dollars, While in Egypt the average salary is 89,000 per year, with the average increasing according to the rank of engineer.
Areas of specialization in electronics engineering
There are many fields within the electronics engineering major , and the following are the most important of these fields:
Analog electronic engineering
With the continued need for many analog components, Analog circuits are still widely used and while analog engineering isn’t as big as it was years ago before digital electronics really took off, However, the growth in the electronics market in general has compensated for this. Analog electronic engineering can provide a stimulating environment to work as a good career.
Radio Frequency Engineering
Specialization has grown in recent years. And with so many systems using wireless links, And everything related to radio frequencies such as mobile phones, Wi-Fi, IoT, short-range links, and more.
Radio Frequency Engineering and wireless technologies are among the most in-demand areas in the electronics engineering major and as a result can provide a good path to a career.
Digital development engineering
Due to the wide spread of digital in our current era, which has created many jobs for us using digital technologies, Digital development engineering is one of the most requested fields, according to the wide areas in which it entered and the need for many digital circuits.
i.e. Digital/Logical Electronic Engineering Specialist, It is highly demanded due to the need to have digital and logical circuits provided by a digital electronic engineering specialist. However, The demand for digital engineers alone may not be as great as expected since a lot of logic circuits these days are done within programmable logic chips.
Systems engineering is a particularly important element in the design of any element in electronic fields. Systems engineering specialists are professionals who can develop new innovations in relation to this sector of electronic engineering, such as developing new innovations in radio receivers, cell phones, or any digital component. Electronic consists of several electronic systems.
The software engineering major is the specialty that is concerned with programming and providing the system or mechanism that will operate the machines devised by the systems engineering specialist.
Software engineering is also involved in many areas that need software and mechanisms to serve it for that. Software engineering is becoming increasingly important. .
Software engineering is involved in many projects. And no less than two-thirds of the development budget is allocated for software development, which is a very large indicator that understands how this sector is growing. Thus, it provides excellent opportunities for anyone who wants to get a job in this field.
What are the pros and cons of electronics engineering ?
Any specialization has advantages and disadvantages. Below we will present the most important of them:
Disadvantages of majoring in electronics engineering
- Difficulty specializing for some.
- Travelling abroad.
- Self-reliance in self-development.
Advantages of majoring in electronics engineering
- Above imagination.
- Work is widely available in any country.
How many years of studying electronics engineering?
The number of academic years to study the electronics engineering major varies from one university to another according to the educational curriculum it provides, but the academic years to study the electronics engineering major range from 4 to 5 years.
What are the jobs of electronics engineering?
The diversity of opportunities and jobs in the electronics engineering sector is huge, from small to large companies, It is possible to work in almost any size company, Sometimes you work alone. but more commonly as part of a team working for a larger company, Among the job opportunities:
- research and development.
- Computer systems and communication networks.
- Mobile communications and wireless networks.
- Optical contact and microwave.
- Design of integrated circuits and microelectronic systems.
- Advanced robotics and intelligent machines.
- Video and image processing systems.
- Quantum devices and quantum computation.
- Electromagnetic compatibility.
- renewable energy systems.
- Space research and technology.
- Internet of Things IoT.
- Artificial intelligence.
- cloud computing.
- sensor networks.
- biomedical systems.
What are the subjects of electronics engineering major?
There are several basic subjects that students study in most universities:
- applied physics.
- Electronics and circuits.
- Fundamentals of electrical engineering.
- Design circuits and networks.
- digital system.
- Linear geometry.
What are the best universities to study electronics engineering ?
Here are some of the best international universities for electronics engineering:
- Cambridge University.
- Imperial College London.
- Oxford university.
- UCL University.
- University of Southampton.
- University of Manchester.
- University of Liverpool.
Requirements for applying for a master’s degree in electronics engineering
There are several conditions that must be met by the student when applying for a master’s degree in electronics engineering:
- Submission of the international TOEFL certificate with a minimum cumulative score of 90.
- IELTS certificate.
Requirements for applying for a PhD in Electronics Engineering
There are several conditions that must be met for the desire to complete a doctorate degree in the field of electronics engineering. They are as follows:
- Provide certificates proving English language proficiency.
- Studying a master’s degree in the same field or a field close to it.
Conditions for obtaining a professor’s degree in electronics engineering
An electronics engineer can obtain a professional engineer license provided that the following conditions are met:
- 4 years work experience under the supervision of an engineer.
- Specialization in the same discipline as a Ph.D.
- Processing papers required by the university.
Leading engineering companies
The best companies are ranked according to the evaluation of employees anonymously, Among the most prominent companies are:
- Intel Corporation.
- Samsung Electronics.
- Schneider Electric.
The world of electronics has gone through many developments over time. Man always strives to delve deeper into the field. Do not hesitate to enter the Department of Electronics Engineering, which is one of the branches of electrical engineering. I hope you benefited from the example.
Job Electronics Engineer – Payscale