Robotics Engineering is one of the most important disciplines in the Faculty of Engineering and is called robotics engineering, and this science is considered one of the disciplines that includes many overlapping engineering disciplines, as it combines applied engineering and computer engineering.
This specialization is considered one of the most important future disciplines required in our time due to the development and technological growth that continues to create and manufacture new innovations in our lives.
We currently find technology in various aspects of life, where communication between people has become governed by technology, and this is evident in the spread of many social media platforms.
One of the most important functions of the robotics engineering major is to design, build, operate, and use, Robots.
It is expected that this specialization will be one of the most demanded specializations due to the manufacture of robots that some think may serve humanity, Robotics engineering is currently experiencing an era like no other.
It is now one of the most demanded specialties in the labor market, Also, the job of a robotics engineer is not limited to manufacturing the robot only, This area can be considered one of the broadest complexes.
List of Topics
1 What is Robotics Engineering?
Robotics Engineering is a major that has integrated many engineering disciplines such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering and mechatronic engineering into one approach to create and create an amazing digital mechanism called robotics.
2 What are the departments of robotics engineering?
When studying robotics engineering, you will study many curricula that enter into the study of robotics, and the most important departments within which the robotics engineering major includes the following:
- Artificial Intelligence Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Science Electronics
- Mechatronics engineering
- nano technology
- bio engineering
3 Does robotics engineering major have a future?
Yes, robotics engineering is one of the most required disciplines and has a bright future for electronics engineers or those who wish to study this major for many reasons.
Because robotics engineering is one of the important disciplines that have a bright future and can be considered as a branch of science in engineering technology, so if you are thinking of studying this major, do not hesitate and make sure that you are on the right path.
4 Is robotics engineering difficult?
There is no difficult specialization, so if you are a lover of technology and love to understand robotics, be sure that it will be wonderful and simple for you.
But if you study robotics and you are not ready and you are not interested in studying it, you will have difficulty studying robotics engineering subjects because they need certain skills that a robotics engineering student must possess and some previous scientific experiences such as studying some subjects that are directly related to engineering.
It is preferable for the student to enroll in some robotics engineering courses that may help him expand his horizons and help him understand robotics.
If you are interested in learning about the best sites that provide great courses on robotics engineering, you can learn from the coursera site, which offers free courses, and you can learn from here courser robotics engineer.
We also explain that choosing a specialization out of desire and love is one of the most important things that must be focused on, Because the love of specialization helps the student to be creative, distinguished and excel in this specialization.
5 Requirements to study robotics engineering?
In order to start studying robot engineering, you are required to pay attention to some subjects to study in high school that are related to the robotics major, and these subjects include the following:
- Computer and programming.
- Design and technology.
- Fundamentals of Engineering.
Then after completing high school, look for the best universities in your country that teach robotics engineering, and it is preferable to choose the best universities that teach this major in your country.
After choosing the university, try to teach yourself and refine your skills and knowledge in robotics, keep pace with development and learn new innovations that qualify you for a deep understanding of robotic engineering, follow these steps and guarantee you a bright future.
Also, do not forget that the robotics engineering student is the student who is taught to create and manufacture new innovations, so try as much as you can to provide something new, this science is still in the process of development, and you can develop something new that no one has ever done or invented and left a mark by developing a new digital invention.
Robotics engineers are creative and possess skills that may help him study this discipline, such as personality traits, and leading personality.
It is also preferable that the person loves robotics, Therefore, if you have these qualities, be sure that studying robotics engineering will be one of the easiest and most enjoyable majors.
To become a successful robotics engineer, Must have a strong background in hardware, software, Communications.
6 How much money does a robotics engineer make?
The salary of a robotics engineer is determined on the basis of experience, and the more experience, the higher the salary, and the average salary of a robotics engineer is $ 90,000.
It can be clarified that the salary varies according to different countries, and the salary also varies from one company to another according to the degree you have reached.
7 What are the pros and cons of robotics engineering?
The advantages of robotics lie in its importance in future sciences, which have a great interest in the science of machines and digital technologies, to create a new mechanism for solving traditional problems in systems and a great supporter of the development of society digitally.
It also has serious negatives for humans in many things, and in this paragraph I will explain to you the most important negatives and positives about the specialty of robotics .
Pros of robotics
- Assisting humans in actions that may be dangerous to humans.
- Utilizing robotics in many fields such as medicine, education, industry, and other sciences.
- Attention to the salary of a robotics engineer.
- Distinguished scientific position in society.
- Travel to participate in international robotics conferences
Also, there are some disadvantages of robot engineering and they will be clarified, as follows:
Cons of robotics
- Dispensing with human resources and this may lead to an increase in the unemployment rate in the world.
- The requirements of the robotics industry require very large experience and a high academic level of study.
- Robotics engineering is considered one of the future sciences, so it can be considered that his job opportunities are currently relatively few, but from the passage of days and the developments that we are witnessing daily, the opportunities for an electronics engineer work increase.
- Robotics requires physical and psychological exertion.
- The possibility of penetrating robots.
- Dealing with an automated robot which is made of heavy equipment and machinery and this is considered dangerous.
8 Difference between robotics engineering and electronic engineering?
There are many students who do not understand the difference between robotics engineering and electronics engineering because of its great similarity in the curriculum, but the difference between them lies in the following.
Robotics Engineering is a discipline that is concerned with the study and understanding of the mechanism of design, construction, and operation, The use of robots and their interference in systems and equipment in various fields, It also intervenes in many things, as robotics does not depend only on robotics, so the robotics engineer is a person who is proficient in technology.
As for the specialization of electronics engineering, it is the specialization that is concerned with and deals with electrical components and the mechanism of operating machines such as integrated electrical circuits, and transistor, semiconductors, and electronic devices and systems.
This means that robotics is concerned with the operation of electronic systems.
9 How many years have you studied robotics engineering?
In order to obtain a bachelor’s degree in robotics engineering, you must study for four to five years. Depending on the university and major you want to join.
Robotics engineering includes many disciplines within it, which are as follows.
Robotics Engineering Majors
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- . Computer Science.
- Design and technology.
10 What are the subjects of the Robotics Engineering major?
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Computer Science.
- Electronic engineering.
- Information Engineering.
- Computer systems.
- Data Science.
- Machine learning.
- Engineering design.
- Mechanical and hydraulic properties.
- Digital control systems.
- Integrated systems.
- Life Sciences.
11 What is the study plan for Robotics Engineering?
The study plan for studying robotics engineering varies according to the educational curriculum that provides university study, but I will explain to you the common study plan for most universities that provide the study of robotics engineering, and it is as follows.
Compulsory university and college requirements.
It can be defined as the basic subjects that a student must study and vary from one university to another, Such as studying Arabic, English and some national education subjects.
University and College Elective Requirements
They are the subjects chosen by the student for study and include three sections as follows: Humanities and social and economic sciences.
Compulsory Major Requirements
It is considered the subjects that the robotics engineering student must study in order to be able to deepen and understand this specialization, and it includes the following subjects:
- Linear algebra for artificial intelligence and robotics.
- Probability and statistics.
- Data structures.
- Design and analysis of algorithms.
- Data Structures and Algorithms Laboratory.
- Digital logic design.
- Digital Logic Design Lab.
- Computer architecture.
- Operating systems for engineering.
- Machine learning.
- Deep learning.
- Jammed systems.
- Introduction to optimization.
- Representation of knowledge and reasoning.
- Natural language processing.
- Artificial Intelligence Lab 1
- Artificial Intelligence Lab 2
- Embedded systems.
- Autonomous control systems for robots.
- Robotics Autonomous Systems Lab
- Introduction to mobile robotics.
- Vision robot.
- Robot perception.
- Robotics Lab 1
- Robot Lab 2
- Project 1 for students of artificial intelligence and robotics.
- Project 2 for students of artificial intelligence and robotics.
- Field training for students of artificial intelligence and robotics.
Elective Major Requirements
They are considered the subjects from which the student can choose and are as follows:
- Smart text mining.
- Analysis of social networks.
- Speech recognition and understanding.
- Parallel programming for smart applications.
- Robot automatic control theory.
- Human-robot interaction.
- Robotics in rehabilitation.
- Planning techniques in robotics.
- Software Engineering.
- Special topics in artificial intelligence and robotics.
Supporting Major Requirements
They can be considered as auxiliary materials for compulsory and optional subjects, which are subjects that help the robotics engineering student to understand more about the nature of robotics’ work, as follows:
- Circuits and electronics for students of intelligence and robotics.
- Basics of kinetic and dynamic for students of intelligence and robotics.
12 What are the functions of robotics engineering?
When studying robotics engineering, you will be able to work in many fields, and one of the most important jobs that you will gain from studying this specialization is the following.
- Robotics Engineering Robotics Engineer.
- Software developer Software Engineer.
- Robotics Operation robotics operator.
- Technologist of robotics technicians.
13 What are the best universities that teach robotics engineering?
1. Carnegie Mellon University – Good Choice For You
2. (Massachusetts Institute of Technology: ( MIT
5. TUM) The Entrepreneurial University)
The best universities that teach masters in robotics engineering?
Middlesex University, London is one of the best universities where master’s studies are possible.
The best universities that teach PhD in robotics engineering?
MIT is one of the best places where you can study a PhD in robotics engineering.
carnegie mellon university-Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy